This SIF Infrastructure Specification 2.5 release has been designed for use with the following Data Models:
>> SIF Data Model Implementation Specification (North America) 2.5
>> SIF Data Model Implementation Specification (United Kingdom) 1.4
>> SIF Data Model Implementation Specification (Australia) 1.2
SIF Infrastructure Specification 2.5
This document contains the HTTP/S Transport and Messaging Specification, upgraded from chapters 1-5 of the earlier SIF v2.4 release. It describes the overall SIF Architecture, and the HTTP/S reference transport.
It is independent of any locale-specific Data Objects or Zone Services. As a result, this document is directly reusable by other SIF locales (AU, UK) with very different object types.
In addition, there are links providing access to the Infrastructure-only Specification schema documents (SIF Message files)
SIF Web Services Implementation Specification 2.5
This document is completely new (it has no equivalent in the SIF v2.4 release), and describes the new SIF Web Service transport alternative. It specifies how the web service technologies SOAP and WSDL were leveraged by the SIF standard to create a second reference transport for conveying SIF messages between agent/applications and the ZIS.
It relies on, rather than repeats, the infrastructure information contained in the SIF Global Infrastructure 2.5 document, and focuses primarily on the differences between the two reference transports and how to map SIF messages between them. It includes the following sections:
- Set of guiding principles that drove the design of the web service functionality
- Glossary of web service terminology
- Summary of the new architectural components
- Listing of all normative dependencies on horizontal web service standards
- Element-by-element mapping between HTTP/S messaging and SOAP transport messaging
- Definition of how WS-Addressing elements are used in the SOAP header
- Complete operation-by-operation description of the WSDL files wrapping the ZIS and Push Agent functionality
Like the SIF Global Infrastructure 2.5, this document is also independent of any particular SIF Data Model, and is directly reusable by standard releases in all SIF locales.
SIF Web Services 2.5 Developer Toolkit
A link to the SIF Global Web Services Implementation 2.5 Developer’s Toolkit, which contains the set of WSDL and SOAP Binding XML schema files matching this specification, is also provided.