Call for Volunteers
Now the kids are on the way back (or already are back) to school, there are a number of groups looking for additional volunteers to kick-start the new term - could you help? If you are interested in any of the following groups, please go to the group page and 'Join Group' or contact Penny Murray:
- Marketing: The initial focus for this group will be on ensuring that the Vendor Marketplace (more info) is providing the correct level of value-add for membership. In addition, this group will be looking at several marketing strategies and collateral pieces being prepared for publication. We anticipate calls will start mid-September, so register your interest and join the group today: http://www.A4L.org/group/Marketing
- Data Privacy: This group is currently focussing on 'implementing privacy controls'. Interested? Then join this group today: http://www.a4l.org/group/DataPrivacy
- Identity: Anyone interested in Identity Management should contact us to get involved!
- Infrastructure: We are always looking for additional international Community Members to add to this group, ensuring that the Infrastructure Specification stays firmly positioned for the global marketplace. Join the group today: http://www.a4l.org/group/Infrastructure
These groups are slightly different from our traditional 'working groups'. Network groups are less formal and endeavour to bring together like minded people for a wider discussion and network opportunities across Communities.
- Open Source Developers: Interested in Open Source? This group is currently looking at the CEDS NDS Adaptor, but will be moving onto wider topics shortly. Join this group today: http://www.a4l.org/group/OpenSourceDev
- End Users Data Integration: We all have to find the best way to integrate data between applications, whether we are using a SIF interface or other. This is the place to contact other data integrators, whether you work for a school district or support on as a consultant or product vendor. The purpose of the group is to share expertise with integration products. We want this to be a product-agnostic site – product vendors are our best integrators; share your tips and tricks, but please don’t advertise on the site. To get involved: http://www.a4l.org/group/DataIntegration
- Open Strategic Collaboration: The Open Strategic Collaboration Network has been established to provide a forum for A4L Community Members to discuss external standards and consider their inclusion in the SIF Specification. This group is open to all members of the global A4L Community. Join the conversation here: http://www.A4L.org/group/OSCN
For more information on how to join a group, please go to: http://www.a4l.org/page/GettingStarted