EduTECH 2018: Overview
NSIP recently exhibited at the EduTECH conference held in Sydney on the 7th – 8th June, 2018.
Two key works NSIP promoted at the conference were:
- An updated on Learning Services Architecture Roadmap. The roadmap outlines the use case roll-out priorities for all the states, territories and non-government schools. Further information can be found here
- The Contract for Australian Privacy in Education (CAPE). Further information on CAPE will be published in summer issue of the A4L Newsletter.
This year the NSIP Interoperability Challenge presentations were held on the main exhibition stage of the exhibition hall. The theme of the challenge was personalized learning through learner centric data management. The successful applicants were given five minutes to share how the use of their products would make reliable, consistent data available under the Learning Services Architecture, how their system will support learner-centric data management and what school or student level improvements their products could achieve through the use of that data. The successful presentations are available here
NSIP also held their annual vendors forum breakfast where the agenda topics covered were:
- The Learning Services Architecture Update
- the Australian Government Department of Education and Training’s Schools Automated B2B Data Transfer Project designed to streamline the collection of national data collections
- NSIP’s work on privacy and trust, including a standardised privacy agreement and the development of options for automating privacy obligations
- Standardisation of NAPLAN registration and results data